Cream Puffs from A Pretty Life in the Suburb
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the butter to the water and stir until it is melted.
- Add the flour and salt all at once to the water mix.
- Stir until a ball is formed.
- Remove from heat, and add 1 egg. Beat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining eggs 1 at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drop the dough on to a cookie sheet 1 of 2 ways: (I used a heaping tbsp for each puff) See picture below. Make sure they are about 2 inches apart.
- You can drop with a spoon,
- Or put the dough into a ziplock bag, snip the corner off, and pipe the dough on to the cookie sheet. This is the method I chose!
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. Start checking them around 20 minutes. Mine took 30 minutes.