Mmm. Doesn't that just sound so delish?!
This is a delicious, easy to make meal.
Even though it's called a lasagna, it's really more like a casserole.
It's a keeper in our house!
1 onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 - 454g package of Italian sausage - I use Johnsonville Italian Sausage and Ground
1 - 454g package of Italian ground sausage
1 - 398 mL can crushed tomatoes
1 - 398 mL can tomato sauce (not spiced)
1 tsp oregano
pepper to taste
1/2 cup cream (half & half)
1/2 cup milk
1 large package of fresh ravioli (I used spinach & cheese) (about 700g)
1 cup grated mozzarella
- Brown onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Cut sausage into bite size slices, then add along with the ground sausage, to the onion mix. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and pepper.
- Stir in cream and milk.
- Put ravioli into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (until bubbly)
- If you don't like sausage, I'm sure ground beef would work too. And you could probably use less meat if you wanted.
- You could double this recipe, and make 2 casseroles. One for dinner. And one for the freezer for another busy night.